Families of children in grades Pre-K through 12 who received free or reduced-price school meals or attended Community Eligibility Provision schools in Spring 2020 may now receive P-EBT benefits to help alleviate missed school meals during March, April, and May when children were not in school because of COVID-19. The deadline to apply is this coming Friday, August 14, 2020, at 4:30 PM.
Not on SNAP but qualify for free or reduced school meals?
- Apply for P-EBT online here.
- Application now available in Spanish, Arabic, and Somali!
- Deadline is August 14, 2020.
- Must have a valid email address and phone number to create an account.
- P-EBT information in Spanish available here.
- Spanish P-EBT application video guide available here.
Already receive SNAP or Families First/Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits?
- No application is necessary.
- The first P-EBT money was added to SNAP/Families First EBT cards in June.
P-EBT benefits provide parents with $250.80 total per child to replace meals from when school was closed due to COVID-19. Benefits will be issued in two installments. The first installment will include financial assistance for meals in March and April, and the second installment will arrive at a later date for meals missed in May.
Meals received from an emergency food site or school during the pandemic will not disqualify individuals from participating in P-EBT benefits.
P-EBT Questions? Call the TDHS hotline at 1-833-496-0661 and select option 3.
Please share this information with families who might be eligible for P-EBT.
If you have problems connecting with someone or are unable to access the application contact our Nutrition Team at email@example.com.
TJC will continue to share updates about P-EBT. Sign-up here for P-EBT updates.